- RSS Channel Showcase 1508556
- RSS Channel Showcase 2583036
- RSS Channel Showcase 6697770
- RSS Channel Showcase 5929302
Articles on this Page
- 08/29/17--06:39: _Create a dedicated ...
- 09/01/17--06:47: _How Mobil stockists...
- 09/18/17--01:58: _Offshore wind power...
- 09/28/17--07:50: _What makes automati...
- 10/02/17--07:53: _A short guide to hy...
- 10/05/17--07:57: _Top tips for slidew...
- 10/27/17--06:57: _How can your Mobil ...
- 11/02/17--07:00: _How the oil compani...
- 11/28/17--06:16: _New technology you ...
- 12/05/17--06:24: _Q & A for Mobil dis...
- 01/31/18--04:31: _Tips from Mobil dis...
- 02/01/18--05:23: _Tips from Mobil dis...
- 02/26/18--05:25: _Which Mobil DTE oil...
- 03/23/18--02:16: _Iraq looks to boost...
- 04/04/18--01:00: _UK wind power sees ...
- 04/26/18--05:29: _Using bypass filtra...
- 04/27/18--01:43: _ExxonMobil demonstr...
- 05/02/18--05:24: _What ExxonMobil lea...
- 05/21/18--00:39: _Germans trial conve...
- 08/29/17--06:39: Create a dedicated lube room with the help of Mobil distributors
- 09/01/17--06:47: How Mobil stockists can make the most of your lube room
- 09/18/17--01:58: Offshore wind power now cheaper than nuclear
- 09/28/17--07:50: What makes automatic transmission fluid special?
- 10/02/17--07:53: A short guide to hydraulic oil
- 10/05/17--07:57: Top tips for slideway oil selection
- 10/27/17--06:57: How can your Mobil stockist help prevent equipment failure?
- 12/05/17--06:24: Q & A for Mobil distributors in the UK
- 02/26/18--05:25: Which Mobil DTE oil do you need?
- 03/23/18--02:16: Iraq looks to boost oil production and export capacity
- 04/04/18--01:00: UK wind power sees another record high
- 04/26/18--05:29: Using bypass filtration to extend machine life
- 04/27/18--01:43: ExxonMobil demonstrates Mobilgrease 33 at MRO Americas 2018
- 05/02/18--05:24: What ExxonMobil learned from analysing oil samples
- 05/21/18--00:39: Germans trial converting wind power into gas
Correct lubricant selection is essential to good machine operation, and the use of high-quality oils like Mobil DTE 10 Excel 32 from a Mobil distributor can help achieve measurable improvements in hydraulic efficiency, but there’s more to good lubrication practices than just using the right oil. If you store your lubricants in your working area, […]
If you’ve recently established a lube room, or if you already have one but suspect it could be improved, here are a few tips for how you may be able to get more from it: Determine your storage capacity Preventing additive settling or contamination in lubricants is vital to good lubrication practices, and part of […]
The UK Government has held its reverse auction for energy production subsidies, and offshore wind power has come in cheaper than many expected. In the reverse auction process, green energy companies bid for the lowest guaranteed energy price over a 15-year period. The winning companies then have a predictable income stream – independent of fluctuations […]
The right automatic transmission fluid (ATF) is essential to the smooth running of an automatic vehicle, but why? It’s actually one of the most complex fluids you’re likely to find in a modern automobile, because an automatic transmission often involves hundreds of moving parts, as well as O-rings, seals, and gaskets. All of these need […]
A hydraulic oil is basically an incompressible fluid that is used to transmit power within hydraulic systems. It has numerous applications in machinery that range from the brakes on your car, to the stabilisation system of a luxury cruise ship. What is hydraulic oil made of? Like most modern lubricants, hydraulic oil is more than […]
To maintain machine tool accuracy and productivity, it’s vital to minimise friction in slideways and prevent wear. This can be a challenge, however, because of the tendency of slideways to exhibit slip-stick motions. When a slideway system has elasticity, the force needed to expand or compress a spring will likely differ from the force needed […]
More and more engineers are recognising the problem of lubrication-related equipment failures, yet many managers still underestimate the importance of adequate lubrication. You can of course take steps to improve your lubrication practices, such as by consulting your Mobil stockist to check you are using the most suitable lubricants for your equipment. You may even […]
While advancements in renewable energy are helping to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels, oil and gas are not going anywhere soon. We still need petroleum products to fuel aviation and most of the transport on our roads. We also need crude oil to make materials like plastic and medicines, but extracting crude oil is […]
The lubricants industry is certainly not a static one. As technological advances in industrial machinery create ever greater demands, manufacturers have stepped in with new lubricants that can perform in heavy-duty applications and harsh environments, sometimes even with a long oil life. Synthetic lubricants, for example, have revolutionised lubrication in some applications where mineral lubricants […]
Industrial lubrication is not always a simple matter, so here are answers to some questions that you may be tempted to ask Mobil distributors in the UK. Does the colour of grease mean anything? If you’ve ever handled greases, you may notice they can come in a wide variety of colours. Some have a pale […]
Upgrading to advanced lubricants from Mobil distributors can be a good step in improving the reliability and efficiency of your machinery, but achieving lubrication excellence involves more than just using the right product. Here are some tips that may benefit your lubrication strategy: 1. Have everything you need a) Foster a new attitude Fundamentally overhauling […]
The post Tips from Mobil distributors to improve your lubrication practices – part 1 appeared first on Oil Store.
Following on from yesterday’s blog post, here are some more suggestions for how to enhance your lubrication strategy: 1. Oil analysis Oil analysis can be an invaluable tool in predicting failures and formulating proactive interventions, but only when it’s applied correctly. a) Get your sampling methods right Taking reliable and repeatable samples is vital for […]
The post Tips from Mobil distributors to improve your lubrication practices – part 2 appeared first on Oil Store.
Circulating and hydraulic oils Different series within the Mobil DTE range are targeted at different applications. First, circulating oils are designed for systems that provide a sustained flow of lubrication to gearboxes and blowers, as well as bearings that often carry a high load and must operate at high speeds and temperatures. Next, hydraulic oils […]
Iraq has begun soliciting bids for a new $4 billion project to boost production at its southern oil fields. The intention is that seawater will be injected into the fields to accelerate the removal of the remaining crude. According to the director-general of the state-run Basra Oil Co., Abdul Jabbar, five companies have already shown […]
The post Iraq looks to boost oil production and export capacity appeared first on Oil Store.
Recently published government figures reveal that wind power met 14.7% of the country’s total demand in 2017, setting a new record. It was also a good year for renewables in general, with renewable sources—including bioenergy, hydro, solar, and offshore and onshore wind—meeting almost 30% of total demand, up a quarter on the previous year. Renewables […]
When you order a high-performance hydraulic lubricant like Mobil DTE 25, you can be sure you’re doing the best for your machinery, but no lubricant lasts forever, especially when environmental contamination can be a factor. In fact, contaminated hydraulic fluid is a frequent cause of breakdowns, which then often lead to lost production from unscheduled […]
A new video has been published showing a demonstration by ExxonMobil, the oil major that makes lubricants for Mobil UK stockists, from the exhibition floor of MRO Americas 2018, a leading event for the aviation maintenance industry. In the demonstration, Gary K. Dudley, who is a global grease product technical advisor for ExxonMobil, begins by […]
The post ExxonMobil demonstrates Mobilgrease 33 at MRO Americas 2018 appeared first on Oil Store.
Any good maintenance strategy should consider using used oil analysis (UOA), so operators can make informed decisions about when to make costly interventions such as oil changes and learn about any issues in the machinery, such as excessive wear or water contamination. To help operators analyse their oils, Mobil launched its Mobil Serv Lubricant Analysis […]
The post What ExxonMobil learned from analysing oil samples appeared first on Oil Store.
German energy company Uniper has launched a new pilot scheme to make use of wind power by converting it into methane gas. Wind power across Europe is growing rapidly, and the industry continues to make advancements in production, efficiency, and lubrication, such as from the advanced wind-power lubricants available through Mobil UK distributors. Windy days, […]